Lets talk about World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)

Welcome to Nupoc!

Join Now! Log in

Internetking

UPOC!!!!
I posted about Mean Gene being passed away this year on my forums... If you don't know about it... here my re-posts as follows:

Don

Nupoc Noob
I'm liking some of what I see in the women's division. Asuka is the best one I think. She sort of reminds me of Sting in his early days. Wild and colorful. Different than the others.

asuka.jpg

Don

Nupoc Noob
what you think?
No talent, no stamina, no skills at all. Was all hype no substance. Could never sell the opponents moves, or simply never tried, and could never put an opponent "over" and/or never tried. He was cancer for pro wrestling. BUT, he's at least telling the truth now.

That clip is OLD by the way.

Don

Nupoc Noob
How's Ronda Rousey doing?
She wasn't getting over with the fans very well so they predictably, had to flip her heel. Her in-ring performance is getting better though, and she's taken on the deranged lunatic persona of Roddy Piper when they first flipped him heel, (Piper is her idol, she even got permission to wear the kilt, his colors and logo styling, and use his nickname "Rowdy.") this Sunday she main events Wrestlemania (first female main event in WM history) taking on Ric Flair's daughter Ashley (Billed as Charlotte Flair) and Becky Lynch in a "fatal 3-way" winner take all match for both the "Smackdown" and "Raw" women's title belts. Rousey is the current "Raw" title holder.

I would like "Charlotte" better without the ridiculous fake boobs, but that's just me. But one thing for sure is, she stands a good 4 inches taller than any other female on the roster and she is strong as a female ox. She has her dad's nasty mean streak at times but hasn't yet embraced the heel role to her dad's level. But she makes her opponents look good, she is a good seller, overall a really good performer but really not a very good talker - she's really not very good on the mic. She never planned to follow in Ric's footsteps, but the untimely death of her brother inspired her to carry on his dreams. She just won the "Smackdown" women's title last week in a really good match vs. Asuka.

The fan fave in all of this is Becky Lynch, a true organic rags to riches story. Billed as "The Man" she is a true to life "Irish Lass-kicker" who comes to us from Dublin, Ireland who dropped out of college and began wrestling, learning the trade the hard way through the independent circuits of Ireland and Europe. In 2006 she suffered a severe brain injury which kept her out of action for six years. She worked as a flight attendant and as a part-time actress in Ireland to make ends meet while working the indys and during her recovery. In 2013 she signed on to WWE's development territory, nXt and finally made her bones so to speak.

I know, more than you asked for.

Emanon

Nobody
what your thoughts on latest events leading vince retiring from WWE?
That's been bandied about for years, still hasn't happened. But I think if he ever does and leaves Paul completely in charge, one of the first things we'll see is more homage to WCW than ever before. Vince still buries that history every chance he gets, Paul won't. Paul was already able to bring back War Games and The Great American Bash, and they're negotiating to get the trademark for Halloween Havoc. Paul probably brings back Starrcade as well.

Don

Nupoc Noob
Who's Paul?

As to any of the "wrasslin" stuff like WCW ever coming back, thats a dead file. No way does WWE resurrect that branding.

Emanon

Nobody
No way does WWE resurrect that branding.
Oh I agree, didn't mean to suggest that. When they did Starrcade there was Tony Schivone though, talking into the old WCW microphone in promos, so never say never.

BUT they already are bringing back more of the WCW style of wrestling, it's part of their new deal with FOX. FOX wants it more like "real" wrestling, lots less talk lots more action, nothing scripted line by line move by move like WWE does, instead the matches although still predetermined outcome, will more and more be called live in the ring by the performers instead of the rehearsed crap they've always done. We're already seeing this change happening. This change will be going into storylines and promos as well "Bullet points" instead of word for word Hollywood-type scripting.

Paul = Paul Levesque aka "Triple H." Son in law of Vince McMahon. People don't know he got his start in the IWF then went to WCW where he developed his "pedigree" finisher and really, the whole "Triple H" persona.

Emanon

Nobody
Got the WWE Network free month... Used it to watch Wrestlemania but since then, been binge watching 1989 WCW events Clash of Champions, TV tapings, and Pay Per Views such as Halloween havoc and War Games!