TV spoilers, news and reviews

Welcome to Nupoc!

Join Now! Log in

Don

Nupoc Noob
HBO is officially reviving Perry Mason. The pay cabler has formally ordered a limited series based on legendary fictional criminal defense lawyer, with The Americans’ Matthew Rhys taking on the title role. Sopranos vet Tim Van Patten, meanwhile, has signed on as director and EP.

Don

Nupoc Noob
It’s happening, bitch: The Breaking Bad movie is coming to a streaming service near you.

Aaron Paul is poised to reprise his role as Walter White protégé Jesse Pinkman in a follow-up to the Emmy-winning drama. The feature-length sequel will first debut on Netflix (which holds the streaming rights to the original five seasons, as well as prequel series Better Call Saul), then get a second window on AMC.

Penned by original series creator Vince Gilligan, the script centers on “the escape of a kidnapped man and his quest for freedom.” As BB fans will recall, Jesse’s journey ended after he broke free from Jack’s compound in the September 2013 series finale). The as-yet-untitled film went into production in Albuquerque in mid-November, according to the New Mexico Film Office. Gilligan is producing alongside fellow Breaking Bad vets Mark Johnson and Melissa Bernstein, and is on board to direct.

Emanon

Nobody
It’s happening, bitch: The Breaking Bad movie is coming to a streaming service near you.
When i first misunderheard this, I thought they said a new series featuring Pinkman. A feature movie makes more sense - I never thought they could do a series on Pinkman.

Been waiting for him to show up on "Better Call Saul" where he would recognize Saul in Omaha, but I can see that ain't happening now.

Don

Nupoc Noob
Oh they could do a GOOD series on Jessie, just make it a prequel like they did for Saul. Would be wilder, I bet too.

MoNa74

Queen of the Trailer Park
Let's talk about cable. I'm losing HBO and the likes. On the other hand, I can cast movies and TV shows from my phone. We have a fire stick. Netflix, Prime, etc. It's all smarter than me. Wish me luck.

Emanon

Nobody
Let's talk about cable. I'm losing HBO and the likes. On the other hand, I can cast movies and TV shows from my phone. We have a fire stick. Netflix, Prime, etc. It's all smarter than me. Wish me luck.
I greatly cut my cable service a couple of years ago, got the fire stick, and have never looked back or had a single regret. Plan to cut it more in the future.

Don

Nupoc Noob
Summer bloodbath - many shows cancelled.

FOX: “The Cool Kids,” “The Gifted,” “Gotham,” “Lethal Weapon,” “The Passage,” “Proven Innocent,” “Rel,” “Star”
--"Lethal Weapon" ratings tanked after they fired the star of the show for being a meanie.

CBS: “The Big Bang Theory,” “Elementary,” “Fam,” “Happy Together,” “Life in Pieces,” “Murphy Brown,” “Salvation”
--"Murphy Brown" failed spectacularly. Because of the aging star, or because of the tired political rhetoric?

NBC: “I Feel Bad,” “Marlon,” “Midnight, Texas,” “Reverie,” “Trial & Error”
--Never heard of any of those? Small wonder.

ABC: “For the People,” “The Fix,” “The Kids Are Alright,” “Splitting Up Together,” “Speechless,” “Take Two”
--Truly horrid shows, all. Deserve the axe.

CW: “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend,” “Jane the Virgin,” “iZombie”
--Not sure why CW bothers cancelling anything, nobody's watching anything on the network. But look at this new offering for the fall, to see partly why:

BATWOMAN
Follows Kate Kane, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter who soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, primed to snuff out the failing city’s criminal resurgence. But don’t call her a hero yet. In a city desperate for a savior, Kate must overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham’s symbol of hope.
Cast: Ruby Rose, Camrus Johnson, Meagan Tandy, Nicole Kang, Dougray Scott, Elizabeth Anweis, Rachel Skarsten
Writer(s): Caroline Dries
Producer(s): Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, Geoff Johns
Director: Marcos Siega
Studio: Warner Bros. Television

Other new stuff coming in the fall:

FOX: "Deputy," "Next," "Prodigal Son."
CBS: "All Rise," "Evil," "FBI: Most Wanted," "Tommy."
NBC: "Bluff City Law," "Council of Dads," "Lincoln."
ABC: "For Life," "Stumptown," "United we Fall."
CW: “Batwoman,” “Katy Keene,” “Nancy Drew”

Emanon

Nobody
Very cool. I'll have to put it on mine when I get home.
It's not nearly as good or as versatile as Terrarium was. You can't pause, rewind, or choose what episodes to watch, you're just streaming whatever they have on. There's also no program info, can't tell what episode it is or who's in the scene, etc. It's just a bootleg streamer but it works for what it is.